The Medical Cannabis Advanced Program (MCAP) is designed to explore the inter-relationship between cannabinoids and opioids and potential clinical implications on opioid crisis management. It provides you with knowledge about the potential benefits of cannabinoid acids and the relationship between hemp seed oil and Essential Fatty Acids to the cannabinoids. You will also, learn about other plants that produce phytocannabinoids.
Learners are expected to be familiar with the main components of the cannabis plant, the major difference between cannabis constituents, the evidence about the endocannabinoid system, cannabinoid pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, safety, side effects, precautions, contraindications, and potential drug-drug interactions.
Before starting this course, we recommend learners to complete Medical Cannabis Core Education Program (MCCEP) offered in partnership with Concinto.
After successful completion of this program, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the current opioid crisis and recent clinical practice guidelines in Canada
- Explain the potential cannabis and opioid inter-relationship
- Explain the opioid reduction strategies through using cannabis for non-cancer pain patients
- Discuss the current evidence on the potential benefits of cannabinoid acids
- Discuss other plants that produce phytocannabinoids and explain hemp oil and essential fatty acids' relationship to medical cannabis
This program is CCCEP accredited for 2.0 CEUs.
- CCCEP number: 1525-2021-3255-I-P, expires xxx xx, xxxx.
- Authors: Kaivan Talachian Pharm.D., R.Ph. & Farhang Modaresi M.D., M.BE
The authors are founders of Concinto and have no current relationship with other commercial entities. They have not received any sponsorship or funding to develop this program. Authors were employed in the past by CannTrust Inc.
The learner must complete the following in order to receive the Statement of Completion:
- Complete all sections of the program,
- Final assessment is completed and submitted online. You must score 70% or higher, and
- The evaluation form must be completed and submitted.
The course is $50 for members and $100 for non-members, plus GST.
BCPhA in partnership with Concinto is providing exclusive BCPhA member pricing on these courses.
PLEASE ALLOW FOR 1-2 BUSINESS DAYS FOR COURSE ACTIVATION AFTER PURCHASE.
Once your enrollment for this course is complete, you will receive an enrollment email to confirm the course availability.