The Medical Cannabis Core Education Program (MCCEP) is designed to give an introduction to cannabis and cannabinoids in Canada. It will take healthcare professionals on the journey from legislation to using cannabis in care of patients. This program is comprised of six evidence-based modules that provide the necessary knowledge and skills required to respond to inquiries by clients, patients, and other healthcare providers on cannabis legal status, usage, proper assessment, monitoring, and care plan development.
Please complete each lesson in all modules and respond to the knowledge assessment. A passing score of 70% or more and completing the course feedback are required to receive the letter of participation.
If you have completed this course, you may be interested in the Medical Cannabis Advanced Program (MCAP) offered in partnership with Concinto.
After successful completion of this program, learners will be able to:
- Understand the Federal and provincial legislation, regulations, policies, and guidelines related to cannabis.
- State and briefly summarize the four ethical principles of beneficence, non-maleficence, respect for persons, and accountability/fidelity as it applies to patient care.
- Become familiar with knowledge sources to access reliable data.
- Describe the main components of the cannabis plant, the major difference between cannabis constituents, the evidence about the endocannabinoid system, and cannabinoid interactions with different organs.
- Explain cannabinoid pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, safety, side effects, precautions, contraindications, and potential drug-drug interactions.
- Explain the clinical relevance of different administration routes and describe available dosage forms and their relevant clinical differences.
- Apply clinical knowledge and effective communication and collaboration with the patient circle of care for evidence-based patient assessment, care plan development, monitoring and follow-up.
This program is CCCEP accredited for 10.0 CEUs.
- CCCEP number: 1525-2021-3256-I-P, expires August 23, 2022.
- Authors: Kaivan Talachian Pharm.D., R.Ph. & Farhang Modaresi M.D., M.BE
The authors are founders of Concinto and have no current relationship with other commercial entities. They have not received any sponsorship or funding to develop this program. Authors were employed in the past by CannTrust Inc.
The learner must complete the following in order to receive the Statement of Completion:
- Complete all sections of the program,
- Final assessment is completed and submitted online. You must score 70% or higher, and
- The evaluation form must be completed and submitted.
The course is $150 for members and $400 for non-members, plus GST.
BCPhA in partnership with Concinto is providing exclusive BCPhA member pricing on these courses.
PLEASE ALLOW FOR 1-2 BUSINESS DAYS FOR COURSE ACTIVATION AFTER PURCHASE.
Once your enrollment for this course is complete, you will receive an enrollment email to confirm the course availability.