Earning your annual 15 hours of continuing education credits has never been easier or more cost-effective. Online courses are self-directed and you can complete at times that are convenient for you.
Our eTraining programs are designed to provide you with further knowledge and confidence to continue to improve your level of patient care, while meeting your annual CE requirements. As a BCPhA member, enjoy more than 40 courses with more being added throughout the year. Non-members can access some complimentary courses too.
Premium courses are available for purchase and discounted for members.
- Internet Explorer
Please note Firefox users: Adobe Captivate Prime currently does not support Firefox. We have asked Adobe to support Firefox, but unfortunately this is not something they are planning on doing at this time. Please fill out this form if you are a Firefox user as we want to petition Adobe to add Firefox as a supported browser.
Log In Account
Log in with your BCPhA email and password.
Publicly accessible courses
- Modernized Reference Drug Program
- New PharmaCare Plan W program for First Nations Health Authority patients
- Opioids in Chronic Non-Cancer Pain
- Maintenance Medication Policy
- Influenza and High Dose Trivalent
- Proton Pump Inhibitors
- Intranasal Administration
Complimentary member courses
- Understanding asymptomatic bacteriuria & UTI
- The role of pharmacists in responding to B.C.’s provincial overdose crisis
- An Update on Two Tracks In Pharmacogenomics: Research & myDNA Consumer Offering
- Medical Beneficiary and Pharmaceutical Services Division
- Update on PharmaCare
- Pharmacy's Hottest Topics: 2017
- Set the standard: Gardasil 9
- Social media and the workplace
- Common primary care questions about IUDs
- Immunosenescence, Inflammaging, and Influenza
- Two monologues don’t make a dialogue: A taste of optimal communication
- Keep on motoring: Looking under the hood of Parkinson's drug therapy
- Smoking Cessation: Practical Implementation
- The Pharmacist's Role in Self-Care
- Pharmacists in COPD Management
- Women’s Health Update
- Keeping Seniors Healthy Through Vaccination
- Update on Ministry of Health Priorities 2016
- Private Payers: 2015 in Review - the Good, the Bad and the Very Expensive
- Issues and Topics in Pharmacy Practice and Regulation
- Genomics for Precision Drug Therapy in the Community Pharmacy - Phase 1 results
- Medication Management for Patients on Psychiatric Medications
- Expanded Access to Publicly Funded Vaccines
- Resume Guide for Pharmacists
- The future of pharmacy: Student presentations
- I NEVER AGREED TO THAT! A Health Care Consent or Privacy Consent? What You Need and When You Need It
- Joint Action on Joints
- Frequency of Dispensing
Asthma Health Coaching Program
2 CEUs (CCCEP accredited)
The goal of this program is to empower patients diagnosed with asthma to take ownership and responsibility for their overall health and engage pharmacists to: Provide guidance and support to patients to achieve control of their asthma, Implement strategies that help improve patient adherence to asthma drug therapy, Offer effective coaching and follow-up to help patients adopt healthy lifestyle behaviors that will positively impact their overall health.
Business Basics for Starting or Acquiring a Pharmacy
Business Basics for Starting or Acquiring a Pharmacy, presented by the BCPhA in association with Scotiabank. Learn about the key elements of a business plan; the difference between an acquisition, buyout or starting a new pharmacy; valuations and financial planning; pharmacy design; and an overview of legal considerations. After purchasing this online course, we will also send a copy of the book by Phil Hauser, Pharmacists Guide to Starting, Acquiring or Selling a Pharmacy, which has a retail value of $29.95. BCPhA members pay only $50 (non-members pay $150) for this course and book.
3.0 CEUs (CCCEP accredited)
The BCPhA and Ontario Pharmacists Association (OPA) have partnered with Green Shield Canada (GSC) to offer cardiovascular risk management to patients in BC and Ontario who have extended health coverage with GSC.
Diabetes Health Coaching Program
2 CEUs (CCCEP accredited)
The goal of this program is to empower patients diagnosed with type 2 diabetes to take ownership and responsibility for their overall diabetes control and engage pharmacists to: Provide guidance and support to patients to improve glycemic control; Implement strategies that help improve patient adherence to diabetes drug therapy; Offer effective coaching and follow-up to help patients adopt healthy lifestyle behaviors that will positively impact their diabetes and overall health.
Regulatory Compliance Bootcamp
2.5 CEUs (CCCEP accredited)
This online course will address regulatory compliance issues and is designed to help mitigate the risks of penalties associated with audit assessments. It will also address privacy practices, as well as College of Pharmacists of BC regulations.
This course uses real life situations and the errors we have seen in many different audits and is essential for pharmacists, pharmacy managers and owners.
Travel Medicine Program
32.5 CEUs (CCCEP accredited)
In collaboration with Dr. Fawziah Marra Lalji, we are pleased to offer an online training program on travel medicine for pharmacists. The BCPhA Travel Medicine Program builds on the knowledge from the basic immunization competency program, with a much greater focus on diseases and conditions related to travel.