We all have significant purchases we want to make in the future; car, house, education for children and so forth, but how can you enjoy life today but at the same time save effectively for the future?
This complimentary webinar will introduce the nuts and bolts of saving money whether you are saving up for a big purchase or for retirement. You will learn how to maximize savings programs such as registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs), tax-free savings accounts (TFSAs), registered disability savings plans (RDSPs) and registered education savings plans (RESPs) for children and more.
At the end of this session, you will have a better understanding about investments so that you can make the right choices for you and your family.
Target Audience: All pharmacists, but particularly recent grads (pharmacists who graduated in the last few years), International Pharmacy Graduates, employed Pharmacists and those approaching retirement.
- Introduction of the speaker
- Objectives of the workshop
- The 3 Pillars of Savings in Canada
- What can you expect from?
- Government Programs
- Employer Sponsored Programs
- Personal Programs
- Programs that Encourage You to Save and Invest
- What’s right for me and my family?
- Understanding the suitability and maximizing the use of:
- Registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs)
- Tax-free savings accounts (TFSAs)
- Registered disability savings plans (RDSPs)
- Registered education savings plans (RESPs)
- Should I do an RRSP, TFSA or both?
- What Should I Invest in Now?
- Asset Allocation & Diversification: Stocks, bonds, mutual funds & real estate
- The 5 main tax shelters in Canada
- Did you know insurance can be used as a savings vehicle?
- Key takeaways
- Q&A Period