The BC Pharmacy Association is hosting a live webinar on the role of community pharmacists and human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine. Join our guest speaker, Dr. Tinnus Wasserfull, as he reviews the latest evidence surrounding the significant burden of HPV, strategies for prevention and how to integrate HPV vaccine discussions in community pharmacy.
At the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Review key aspects of HPV-preventable diseases and complications.
- Examine HPV vaccine effectiveness.
- Identify a patient at risk of HPV and assess his/her vaccine status.
- Integrate NACI HPV recommendations into pharmacy practice.
- Review public access verses private access to HPV vaccinations in BC.
About the Speaker: Dr. Tinnus Wasserfall
Dr Wasserfall obtained his medical degree from the University of Stellenbosch, Cape Town, South Africa. He has been practising as a family physician in Canada since 2001, and currently has a family practise in Vancouver focusing on HIV care. He is also a Clinical Associate at the HIV / Urban Infections Ward at St. Paul’s Hospital. He underwent training in High Resolution Anoscopy, is a member of the International Anal Neoplasia Society and a consulting physician at the St. Paul’s Hospital Anal Dysplasia Clinic.
This program is CCCEP-accredited for 1.5 CEU.
- CCCEP Number: 1092-2020-3006-L-P
- Author: Dr. Tinnus Wasserfall
This event is complimentary to members. The fee for non-members is $50.
Please Note: A BCPhA account is required to register for this event. If you do not have a login account or if you are unsure if you have a login, please fill out the Account Creation Form and a member of the BCPhA team will contact you. Accounts can be created free of charge with valid College registration.