Upon completion of this educational program, participants will be better able to:
- Understand the clinical implications and burden of migraine of patients
- Identify patients that suffer from migraines and recommend/prescribe specific treatment tailored to the needs of the patient
- Provide appropriate education to improve patient self-efficacy (empowerment to self-manage and control their disease state)
Adrian Azim, BSc(Pharm), APA, CDE, CTH (ISTM)
Adrian is passionate about changing the paradigm of pharmacy practice. He chaired Shoppers Drug Mart’s Alberta Professional Practice Committee from 2013-2015 and was humbled to receive Shoppers Drug Mart’s National Associate of the Year award in 2015. Together with the Tom Baker Cancer Centre, he began a prescribing pilot in 2016 to initiate low weight molecular heparin for patients with cancer associated thrombosis. Based on the success of that pilot, he has trained pharmacists in Edmonton, Lethbridge, and Red Deer to offer the same service. He also operates a very active travel clinic, preparedtraveller.ca. Adrian graduated from UBC in 1998 and completed a Community Pharmacy Residency in 1999. He has been a pharmacist-owner with Shoppers Drug Mart since 2003. He has 4 children and resides in Calgary, Alberta.
This event is sponsored by Aralez Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- This workshop is accredited by CCCEP for 1.5CEUs.
- CCCEP Accreditation file number is 1322-2017-2225-L-P
Registration is free to BCPhA members. Dinner will be provided and begins at 6:00pm. Registration is limited and closes on January 8, 2018.