Vancouver, BC (September 4, 2018) – Chris Waller, pharmacist/owner of family-operated Lakeside Medicine Centre Pharmacy in Kelowna, B.C., has been elected president of the BC Pharmacy Association's Board of Directors for 2018/19, beginning September 1. Keith Shaw, Regional Pharmacy Manager with Sobeys based in Chilliwack, has been elected vice-president. Alex Dar Santos, associate-owner of Shoppers Drug Mart in Richmond, returns as past president.
Joining the Board of Directors:
- Michael Huitema - pharmacy manager of Shoppers Drug Mart in Kamloops.
- Lori Hurd – pharmacy manager at Save-On-Foods in Richmond.
- Karen Sullivan – senior director, pharmacy professional affairs, Shoppers Drug Mart/Loblaws
Returning Directors include:
- John Forster-Coull - owner/manager of Victoria Compounding Pharmacy.
- Mark Dickson - principal of MD Hygieia Advisory.
- Annette Robinson – pharmacy specialist at Pharmasave Drugs (Pacific) in Cloverdale.
- Shawn Sangha – pharmacy operations manager at London Drugs in Richmond.
- John Tse – pharmacy consultant.
- Jamie Wigston - pharmacist at West End Medicine Centre in New Westminster.
Full biographies of all Board members can be found here.
– 30 –
About the BC Pharmacy Association
The British Columbia Pharmacy Association is a not-for-profit professional association that represents more than 3,200 pharmacists and more than 900 pharmacies throughout British Columbia. Recognized as the voice for community pharmacy, the Association aims to support and advance the professional role and economic viability of its members so they may provide enhanced patient-centred care.
For more information, contact: