- Mandatory Education: College of Pharmacists of BC's Pharmacist Prescribing for Minor Ailments and Contraception (PPMAC): Regulatory Education Module. Pharmacists must complete this module prior to prescribing for minor ailments and contraception.
- The Prescribing Minor Ailments (PMA) – The Fundamentals continuing education program is available through UBC CPPD at no cost to pharmacists. Additional courses on Contraception, Smoking Cessation, and other Minor Ailment topics will be released in the coming months.
- MedSask Minor Ailments and Self-Care Guidelines are available to all B.C. pharmacists and students at no charge through the BCPhA website.
- BCPhA e-training course: Removing Barriers to Support Pharmacists' Expanded Scope (CCCEP accredited for 1.5 CEUs)
- BCPhA May 25, 2023 Recorded Webinar: Minor Ailments & Contraception Prescribing Update (non-accredited). 1.5 hour online learning hosted on the BCPhA e-training portal. NEW!
- BCPhA MACS Orientation course: includes four case studies in urinary tract infections, shingles, cold sores and contraception. Approximately 2.5 hours to complete. Hosted on the BCPhA e-training portal. NEW!
- Canadian Pharmacists Association's Preparing to provide hormonal contraception management, a practice resource
In mid-August, training for contraception (parts 3 and 4) and nicotine dependence will be available through UBC’s Canvas catalog. This, too, will be free of charge to pharmacists in B.C. Additional training for fungal infections and acne are being developed for early 2024.
- PharmaCare policies on Minor Ailments and Contraception Service.
- Ministry of Health's Minor Ailments and Contraception Service (MACS) resource page
- The College of Pharmacists of BC: Standards, Limits and Conditions for pharmacists' prescribing authority.
- OTC medications covered by Plan W (First Nations Health Benefits) when assessing for minor ailments
- Product List for Minor Ailments and Contraception UPDATED JUNE 10
- PharmaCare Example MACS Template (PDF)
- PharmaCare Example MACS Template (Word) NEW!
- PharmaCare MACS PIN list