BC Pharmacy Association has launched a new on-line e-training program on Professional Services: Adapting Prescriptions. This program is designed to assist you in medication management and what you need to know about adapting prescriptions in compliance with College standards and policies, and with PharmaCare requirements, as well as what resources are available to you.
After successful completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the history and purpose of Professional Practice Policy (PPP)-58 Medication Management – Adapting Prescriptions, challenges faced in practice and how to overcome these issues.
- Assist patients with drug therapy problems by identifying issues and proposing solutions via adapting a prescription.
- Identify the opportunities to provide effective and efficient prescription adaptation clinical services into your pharmacy workflow.
- Conduct prescription adaptations in compliance with PPP-58 and PharmaCare requirements.
- Interpret resources available (e.g. Modernized RDP clinical decision support tools) to assist with adapting prescriptions.
This program is CCCEP accredited for 3.0 CEUs
CCCEP Number: 1092-2017-2133-I-P, expires November 21, 2020
Course author: Greg Becotte
The learner must complete the following:
- Complete all sections of the program,
- Final assessment is completed and submitted online. You must score 70% or higher, and
- The evaluation form must be completed and submitted. You will be notified by email of your results with instructions on how to obtain your certificate.
The course is free to all practicing pharmacists in the province and is available on the BCPhA eTraining portal. A BCPhA account is required to access the course. If you do not have an account, please complete this sign up form.