The 2019 Pharmacy Excellence Awards will be presented at the BCPhA’s Awards Gala on Saturday, May 11, 2019 in Vancouver. These awards are given annually to celebrate the success of individuals who have contributed to the advancement of pharmacy in B.C.
Information for nominations for the 2019 Pharmacy Excellence Awards will be released in December.
Winners are selected in the following categories:
- Excellence in Patient Care - This award is presented to a pharmacist who has demonstrated ongoing excellence in patient care in their professional practice.
- Ben Gant Innovative Practice Award - This award is presented to a pharmacist who has demonstrated significant innovation in their respective practice and/or the profession.
- Murray Dykeman Mentorship Award - This award recognizes a pharmacist who has demonstrated outstanding mentorship to those early in their pharmacy career.
- Pharmacy Leadership - This award recognizes a pharmacist who has demonstrated commitment to leading the profession and its people forward. The nominee has proven experience developing pharmacists and evidence of advancing the pharmacy profession.
- Voice of Pharmacy Award - This award recognizes a BCPhA member who has played a significant role in promoting the value of pharmacists, the profession and the Association through their advocacy efforts among their peers, within their community, and with other stakeholders.
- New Practitioner Award - This award recognizes a pharmacist within their first five years of practice. The nominee has demonstrated impact and commitment to the pharmacy profession by advancing their practice.
- Pfizer Consumer Healthcare Bowl of Hygeia Award – A pharmacist with an outstanding record of community service.
- Friend of Pharmacy Award - A non-pharmacist who has made an outstanding contribution to community pharmacy in BC.
Past award winners
Frequently asked questions
- When will next year's nomination process open?
Nominations will open for the 2019 Pharmacy Excellence Awards in December.
- How can I submit my nomination?
You are welcome to submit a nomination online using our nomination form.
- Can I nominate myself?
- Can I nominate more than one person?
Yes. You can nominate as many individuals as you would like. You must submit a nomination package for each individual nominee.
- Can I nominate my partner/friend/family member?
Yes. You can nominate someone as long as they are a pharmacist and a member of the BC Pharmacy Association, except in the case of the Friend of Pharmacy Award, in which the individual does not have to be a member of the Association and can not be a practicing pharmacist.
- Can I nominate someone I have nominated before?
Yes, absolutely. Often selecting a winner can be difficult as there are so many good nominations packages. Someone who may not have won in a previous year could win the next year. Please do resubmit your nominations packages from the previous year.
- What is considered a supporting evidence? Can I write a letter of support if I am the nominator?
Yes, you may write a letter of support as a nominator. Supporting evidence includes letters or documents that illustrate why an individual deserves an award. All submissions must include a minimum of one piece of evidence from two of the following three categories:
- Letter of support from a health-care peer (such as a fellow pharmacist, physician or nurse).
- Letter from a patient.
- Published documentation of achievement (such as a community paper or medical journal).
- What do the judges look for in a winning nomination package?
Judges are looking evidence that shows how a pharmacist has gone above and beyond their role as a pharmacist - from involvement in the community to excellence in patient care to advocating for the profession or mentoring young pharmacists. The winning nomination packages have supporting documents, often from patients and other key stakeholders.
- Who do I contact if I have questions?
If you have questions regarding the awards or nomination process, please contact Devyani Basoodetsing at firstname.lastname@example.org.